Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

I love you, my little Princess....

It seems just like yesterday, when she came into my world,
I knew that very moment; she was more than just my baby girl.
Her face so perfect, she was so sweet, so soft and was so pure,
All wrapped in pink, my little girl, looked like an angel for sure!

She is now five, a happy five… her face is always lit so bright,
She gives the greatest hugs to me, be it morning, evening or night.
Sometimes she is willful and sometimes demure and sometimes she is so coy,
She wants to do all that she can, to give me so much joy!!!

She makes me feel the love of God, and that he has his grace on me…
Her twinkling eyes, her naughty smile, her face is flawless as can be!
She is so gentle and so kind…to everyone she knows,
And as the time just goes by, she grows and grows and grows!

The next few years will go so quick, that feeling makes my heart so sick.
I 'll miss these moments of laughter and joy, mixed with a few tears to cry.
The nightly rituals, the bedtime stories, will remain forever in my head
the giggles, the laughs, the piggy-back ride, on her way to the bed!

And then I think, when she is big,  she would want to fly free,
And I shall always pray to God…that let her stay some more with me!!!
 All I know she would always be... my little baby girl,
With a sweetness that shall never end, I would always be her closest friend!!!!

3 comments:

  1. i love u di. mere liye b likho na kuch plzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to inform all my friends that this poem has been published in the Saathee Magazine in the Feb 2012 issue!!!.Saathee is circulated as a featured magazine for the South Asian community in the states of North and South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pooji..I love you too...give me some time, i shall surely write something for you!!!BTW, when I wrote "I shall always be there for you", you were in my thoughts...:o)

    ReplyDelete